Monday, June 19, 2023

A new life

 The loss of one's old life is a condition for finding a new one.


This happens so many times in life. You must let go of your old ideas, friends, things, places, thoughts, habits in order to gain new. 

Many people are not brave enough to let go of the old. They stay in the same routine. Live in the same place. Do the same things, with the same people. In fact many people do this. In some ways, I am very envious.

There are a couple of places on the island that Hawaiian people have never left. They still farm and hunt and live on their piece of the world. There is something so peaceful in thinking about that. That is their life. I know several people on the island whom have never left. In some ways, I am envious. Of course, we all know people who have never left their little part of the world.

Truth be told, I stay in my little neighborhood. I did the same thing in Denver. Even today, I was invited to go to lunch. When they mentioned the place. My very first thought was "that's far". It was 4 miles from where we were standing.  

My youngest son recently returned from Europe to Denver. He did like it there. 

For me, I always envisioned Hawaii as IT. This was the place. I didn't NEED or WANT anything else in my life. THIS was the END GAME. LAST BIG GOAL. 

For the last TWELVE YEARS, in the back of my mind was - get to Hawaii.

AND - I did it.

Several nervous breakdowns, tragedies and some incredible wonderful memories getting me here. I AM HERE. 

BUT WAIT.  My sons are only in their twenties. I didn't find Hawaii until my 40's. What if they both run off and fall in love with Australia or Africa or some remote little island in the Caribbean (hopefully, it will be near each other).  And then I follow their dreams 

This was and is MY dream. One of my dreams anyway. I've had many. I lived in Colorado for over 30 years. Who is to say there aren't more dreams, books, chapters and lives left to live in mine. 

Colorado will always be the place I "grew up". Hawaii too. But there are many chapters in this book called life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment