Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Four Agreements

There is a book someone (I don't remember who) gave me years ago called "The Four Agreements". Easy read.

Short book.

Simple. Easy.

This is book is based upon Four basic agreements in life:



With all the political un-rest this year, as it is all the time, these agreements are more important than ever.

It's hard to stay focused. It's hard to not take things personally. Or make assumptions. I do find it easier to be impeccable with my word and also always TRY to do my best.

These are goals upon which to strive. Goals that keep me being a better person.

We are in Southern California for a week. A group of us are going to Magic Mountain to celebrate Christmas. Roller coasters, junk food, Santa and lots off fun.

We invited Lily to come with us. She told today she can't make it.

AND if, I weren't following my four agreements, I would think:

  • Her dad doesn't trust us to get her home on time
  • Dad and the girlfriend don't like me - or at least the girlfriend is so jealous of me - they won't let Lily come with us. It's all because of me.
  • I'm assuming all of the above
  • And my best wouldn't want me to call him and ask "what the hell is wrong with you?".
But instead,

  • I meant it when I said, "we would be friends forever"
  • This has nothing to do with me.
  • I have asked if this is about Lily's boyfriend not wanting to go. I have asked questions on what makes the girlfriend insecure when I'm around.
  • I'll continue to be in Lily's life and honor my word to her.

I can only do, what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment