Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Alcohol and Armpits

When Todd picked me up at the airport, with a fresh lai in his hand - he remarked "This baggage claim area smells like booze."

Not, "You smell like booze", but the whole group of people on your plane, smell a little ripe..... A bit like alcohol and armpits.

We had all spent close to 24 hours together.  I know more about the people on that plane than I normally find out about people.  Granted, we all were a little nervous. 

We were all in the same clothes we had on the day before.  Some people, Denver had been their lay-over. They had been traveling even further.

So, some of our funny quotes from the trip:

  • Is he your son or your boyfriend?  (I didn't quite know how to answer that:)
  • The lady at Wal-Mart:  "Is she your girlfriend?"  (she asked this to Todd when I said I was visiting - she made my day!
  • Your Aunt is really hot
  • If you say that again, I will carve out your eyes with a spoon
  • She is not hot, she is my Aunt.
  • It's 3:30 on the East Coast, I think we can have a beer
  • Aunt Leasa, thank you for coming to see me.  
Wait, the last one isn't funny - it's the truth.


No comments:

Post a Comment