Thursday, February 19, 2015

Tutu

Talk about getting old...... As of Sunday, I became a Gramma. Sorta.

Not a Grandmother.

Not a Granny - although, I'm reserving that name for one day if I have Grand kids, that's what I want to be called. Granny.That will be my name.

I became a Tutu.

Someone I never thought I would be. Someone better than the insecure girl I thought I was.

Although, I think I knew "Tutu" was going to arrive this year. I'm 45. I always knew there was going to be one to arrive this year. I would have just never believed this would have been the way it would have worked out.

Of course.

Do any of us?

Remember a few years ago, when you I left you in the middle of the ocean? In the middle of my life?

Back to a sweet boy. I was at the hospital when he was born. I was 19. It was 1988.

Do the math.  He's 26

Charlotte Grace was born on 2/15/15 at 5:15.

I think her lucky number is 5.

Everyone was told to wait.

"Why aren't you here Aunt Leasa?"

Yes, Auntie's have privileges mom's don't. Moms can't  be there for a month. But, "Aunt Leasa - I wish you were here"

That's the thing.

The thing about aunties. Cousins. Other special family members. We have special spots.

I wish I could explain it better. I wish I could tell you how someone whom doesn't have their blood running through their veins. I wish I could say so much more.

What I can really say?

I'm to young to be called Grandma.

In Hawaiian, Grand Mother is called Tutu.

When I met you Todd, I wasn't ready to be called Mom.

I'm ready to be called Tutu.......





1 comment: