Saturday, March 21, 2015

At least we have that

While on my lay over home from Hawaii, I was able to have drinks and fish tacos with an old friend.

This friend of mine has a daughter. A daughter whom is near the age of the boys. It was nice to catch up. It was nice to talk about the kids in an old familiar setting. It was nice to be friends.

Not to worry about feelings or whom was dating was whom. But, two old friends catching up on their lives. Their kids lives.

We talked about the kids. What they are up to these days. The involvement in sports. Or should I say the boys involvement in sports. The girl has stopped participating.

He wasn't too happy that she just hangs out with her boyfriend. She's forgotten sports. She's forgotten her friends. I mentioned, we all do things differently. I wouldn't do things that way. My role is different.

We talked professional sports. We talked about work. We talked about the islands. We talked about life.

When I mentioned I wouldn't say a thing about his daughters mom, he gotta kind of quiet. I then replied, "I'm not going to trash her mom, she lets me see our daughter." It stayed quiet for a bit.

We ate our fish tacos and drank a beer in a moment of peace.

I did say, "She should be swimming." He replied, "Well, we agree on that"

I smiled.

We kept talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment