Sunday, June 14, 2015

Birthday Blessings

My birthday was last week.

I'm really over counting and caring about birthdays. I'm glad I still have birthdays. Hopefully, I have many more to come.

With the onset of "social media", the "world" knows it's your birthday. LinkedIn - the "work" social network. Facebook - the "social" network".

I'm not sure what the difference was this year. My birthday fell on a Friday. I'm not a "going out on Friday" kinda gal. Friday nights are nice to stay home. If I'm going to go meet friends, I'd rather meet them on a Wednesday or Thursday. I'm tired on Friday's.

I've had some fun birthday "parties" - excuses to see people I know on my birthday. This year, as well as last, I've not really cared. I planned to meet two girlfriends on Friday night.

You know what?

Over 100 people reached out to me this year to say "Happy Birthday" - granted 3/4 were on social media. Plus the people I've been working with, but the texts, the phone calls, the messages were incredible.

NEVER have so many people reached out. It made me think. I'm usually pretty thoughtful - to at least send a message to someone.

Now I need to make sure I do.

It made my day. My week. My year.

I am blessed with good people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment