Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Only one?

I'm in Vegas. For my girlfriends dads 75th birthday.

My first real "vacation" in years.  Now, now - I know I travel. Altthough on my other "vacations" I tend to work. As I work from home. I work from anyone's home.

Not this time.

I worked today. Until noon. Then I set my auto-responder. You know the thing that will automatically reply to the emails you receive. It states: I'm on holiday. I have no access to e-mail, phone, text or internet. I will get back to you on Monday, June 22, 2015. If this is a true emergency, please call XXXXXXXXX and left the name of the person to contact.

I haven't done this in years. In fact, even when I went to Europe, I didn't set the vacation response. This time, I'm checking out.

No e-mail. No phone. No internet.

Bliss.

A funny thing keeps happening though. I check in to the hotel. The lady asks: "Is anyone joining you?" I reply, "Not that I know of, yet". :-) "I'll let you know".

I go to lunch today.

The Hostess asks:  "Just you?"

The bar at the pool: "Only you?"

I've traveled tons in my adult life. A majority of it by myself.  Not once have I ever been asked if it was just me.

Some ladies today at the pool suggested I needed to come up with a witty comeback. It has never even occured to me.

What a society we have become.

Can't people travel alone?

Although it's funny, the thing I've notice most in my travels alone? The people traveling 'with' someone tend to be all alone....



No comments:

Post a Comment