Sunday, June 7, 2015

Keep Dancing

There is a woman I "know" whom lives in Atlanta. I use the term "know" loosely.

We've never actually met.

Someone connected me to her, once upon a time. She needed to hire someone. She hired my candidate.

Really, that was the end of the story.

This of course was before "social media" was "defined". A time when if you met someone, you connected to them on every type of social media you could. We became "friends" on Facebook.

Today, if someone I know from work sends me a request on Facebook to be a "friend", I politely tell them Facebook is for family and close friends. If they would like to stay connected on a professional level, please connect to me on LinkedIn. (A work "social" network").

But at the time I met Bobbi, well, you "friended" people you "knew".

She's hysterical.

I love her posts. I love the things she complains about - even though I might not agree. I also love the random thing shes posts.

But most of all, I love how she inspires me.

She six or so years ago, she was taking ballroom dancing lessons. She even got to a competitor level (I think).

She recruits during the day. Dances all night.

And as with anything, that hobby seemed to wane.

Next thing I know, she's got a puppy - all bent on training him. Then a few years later, gardening. A few years after that, learning to be a yoga instructor.

I don't know if she actually applies the things she is learning to her "job". You know, that thing that actually pays her bills.

I do know she supports herself. I do know she views her "job" as something that she must do to pay her bills. I also know, she keeps "learning".

Trying.

Something new. A new way to make herself grow. Even if it's not forever. It's something new.

Just keep..........





No comments:

Post a Comment