Thursday, January 15, 2015

Blocked

Facebook has a capability where you can block people. Block them from seeing anything about you. Even block them from knowing you have a Facebook profile.

I've been blocked before. I even have a couple of people blocked. Blocking is not "un-friending" them - if you "un-friend" someone, they can still see your information. Blocking, it's like you don't even exist. Neither does the other person.

That is kind of a nice thing. The person doesn't know you've blocked them, of course, unless you were "friends" with them before. And all your other friends are still "friends" with them. Well, then you know. Well, you know everyone is acting like a 14 year old.

The people I block? The creepy guy whom sends me weird "Can we be friends e-mails on Facebook" whom I've never met. A good friends ex-husband whom would say stuff to her about things we were doing - not being able to get his ego out of the way and realize we don't talk about him. I don't have any ex's blocked. Or in fact, I don't even think I have blocked old boyfriends new girlfriends. If they want to know about my life - well, most of them read this blog. ;-) Otherwise, just hide them.

And really, there are no secrets any more. Everything is pretty much out there. Or most of it anyway.

I'm talking about a different kind of blocking.

In the guy world it's called "a cock block". The "intentional or unintentional of action of preventing the opposite sex from being with another friend". In other words, "I'm not sure if I want to be with you, but I don't want you liking anyone else".

Girls do it to. Block their friends from moving in on their guy friends. I'd like to think it's a protection type of thing versus a jealousy thing. We don't want our friends (either the guy or the girl) to get hurt.

For the past 5 months or so, I've had this crush on Denver's most eligible bachelor. We met in September and have run into each other several times since then. We are now at the point, where he will wave to me when he sees me. Once, he was even on a date (As he stopped by to ask me how my sons teams were doing, we chatted and I told him he looked bored on his date) ;-)  Yes, only I would actually say this out loud to him. And, I've actually figured out a couple of mutual friends.  (Patience my friend, we are slowly getting there)

One of these so called mutual friends is a friend with "The Coach" (as we call him).  My running buddy gave me 6 tickets to the playoff game for the Denver Broncos.  Here is a PERFECT opportunity.

I text my guy friend and say "Hey, do you and Coach want to go the Broncos game on Sunday?"  These are great seats. As in, yes, it's okay to ask this person to this game.  (You could smell the grass on the field).

He replies, "I can't go.". Okay, I reply, well then, will you send coach my number (I'm not asking for his) and see if he wants to go.

His reply:  Ha ha. He has a game Saturday, I don't want to bother him.

I couldn't even see straight. Seriously? Yes, I understand how we all want to keep our friendship sacred, but really?

So I took the boys and their friends and a girlfriend of mine all to the game. It was a cold. We lost. It was fun time. Duncan even brought a date.

But one day, when I'm telling the coach how he was "blocked" from going to the game, I know I'll be the one smiling.






No comments:

Post a Comment