Thursday, January 8, 2015

I wanna go

I like to "go".

Go in the essence of where ever you want me to go. Where ever you are going, I want to go to. Even if you don't want to go, I will.

I'm all about the experience. The journey. Sometimes even the destination. (that was a joke - the destination part, I'm all about it all)

Going. Doing.

I've also learned to stay home. Cozy. Warm. Safe. Staying put has something that has taken me a long time to learn. But I'm also comfortable staying.

I've lived in the same house for ten years now. A record in my life. The first time ever I've lived in one place for ten years. (Although I do wonder if it counts because I don't stay here in the summer - but I'm thinking yes)

Where I am starting to have trouble?  When my boys want to go do something. Anything. Lunch with their friends. Hanging out with MY friends in California. Trips. Activities.

Tonight, a friend of Duncan's gave them two tickets to the pro hockey team (Avalanche) game here in town. We had dinner at 5:00pm. They put on their Avalanche jerseys, had dinner, drove to the light rail, rode the train downtown, went to the game - all WITHOUT me.

Now I know, most moms would be more worried about them doing all those things as teenagers without an adult. Not me.

They have been riding the light rail their whole life. Then when they got to high school, instead of school buses, the district gives them a city bus pass and they rode the city bus to/from school (until one started to drive). They are city kids. They have also been going to Avalanche games their whole lives too.  They know how to do all this.

Unfortunately, the good/bad thing is, they know how to do this without me.

I'm proud.

I'm jealous.

I wanna go too.......

No comments:

Post a Comment