Sunday, May 31, 2015

How the story ends

How does the story begin?

A boy and a girl meet each other.

Timing is everything in life. We kinda go into situations thing we know the outcome. Or rather, the outcome, we want.

Sometimes, it works. (Hollywood has taught us that). Sometimes, it turns out different (better/worse) than the other way you thought it would.

Actually, it always works. It works out the way its supposed too.

I always wondered if I could truly "let it all go". Say good-bye to the version of the story we wanted.
Do we hang on to things we don't have? Or are we hanging on to things we create? Not the real version?

I'm pretty good at letting go. I'm also really bad (in meaning good), at hanging on to things we should let go. But, don't we all want to be the favorite?

Years ago, Pan, from the islands had to come to visit. Truly, he came to visit three times. But that's not what "got me". All I could think was "You want to be here with me, but you are never going to let go of the past.". I knew that.

So when Peter Pan showed up during that time, all I could think was: "So, this is how it ends". We won't ever "be with each other, but we can't let each other go, either".

Really?

We so cling to things that we WANT. Then we hang on. Because that's what we know. What we are told.

Then this village of people whom I love, want something different than the way society thinks it should be.

At this point, I keep trying to say something that I have conjured out of my mind. But, I'm at a loss.

Stuck between what IS going to happen and what we think will think will happen.

I'm a girl - we over think things.

I tried to come home.

I had drinks with my "daughters" dad. And, I was mad, and sad all at once. But, I think I got an apology and a thank you all in the same conversation.

The story said good-bye and Mahalo all at once.

The kids were told about the drinks. They are now family to each other.

But that morning I was laying in my bed talking to Pan, it wasn't him that I wanted at the finish line. Because, things aren't that simple. I still understand why he wants to be with her. It's actually okay.

I miss Peter Pan whom lives in the Caribbean.

When I tell people about our house swap story. I tell them of Pan and Peter Pan and the Hockey Mom and the Hair Guy, and the hockey coach, we all get confused. People tell me, "This isn't how the story ends", I reply, "You've been watching too much Hollywood".

Life is messy. You might get a Hollywood Ending - the problem is, Hollywood forgot to follow up. Hollywood doesn't show you the middle. In fact, you might get a couple of Hollywood endings in life.

This isn't the ending to the story. Or maybe it is the ending of one story.

Or, maybe it's a commerical break. Remember, Hollywood gets those.

No comments:

Post a Comment