Monday, September 28, 2015

The Rosie Project

Last spring, or maybe some spring before, I read a quirky little book titled "The Rosie Project". If I remember correctly, the premise is quirky professor whom has not dated much. Very neurotic. OCD. Not sure how he met "Rosie", but he embarks on a quest to date her. The antithesis of himself.

It's a British book. I believe even a movie is coming (already came) out?

What I remember:

  • quirky
  • OCD
  • a woman that met none of the "requirements" for the professor
  • a professor whom was a bit odd
Which brings me to today.

We got our phone call. Yes, the "I SAID I WOULD NEVER DO THIS" phone call.

I had requested, ideally, a golden retriever and/or golden lab and/or retriever/lab mix and/or first available MALE. (IN THAT ORDER).

You guessed it.


Your puppy, Ambrosia II will arrive on October 14, 2015.  The pup will be shipped directly to the Denver Airport on that day and you will be responsible for picking her upI will send you her flight information one week prior to her arrival.

Ambrosia II is a black lab/retriever FEMALE. 

We have our orientation some time during the next two weeks. My friend whom said we could use her kennel (as she is the one whom some how got me involved in this) is in Spain for 3 weeks. Luckily, the pup Ambrosia II comes in a crate that will work until my friend returns.

The CCI puppy lady and I were on the phone. We were going through the details. She did say:

When a puppy has a II or III or on and on, the FIRST one must have been a good one.

We looked up the name AMBROSIA - it's Greek. The food or drink of Greek Gods. Ambrosia was typically reserved for divine beings.

We know she was picked for us. She was supposed to be going to another family and the other raisers had to change their dates.

The puppy lady also said:

When the name is rather long, they usually end up getting a nickname.

We looked up some nicknames:

  • Amber
  • Amy
  • Asia
  • Bro (after all she is coming from California)
  • Bria
  • Rosia
  • Rosie
  • Si (see or sigh)
As of right now, we are going with "Rosie". The Rosie Project. Only, we are thinking WE are Rosie's Project.



No comments:

Post a Comment