Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Career Woman

The business trip was fine.

I went shopping with my Granny and bought new clothes.

I flew to a city where I had never been.

I rented a car. I drove to an office with directions from our modern technology.

I checked into a hotel. I had dinner by myself.

I met an old friend - whom I had never "met" before.

I was bored out of my mind.

The office was fine. The people were fine. Everything was FINE.

What I realized though. I don't miss the career  corporate woman I used to be. Don't miss her ONE LITTLE BIT.

I don't miss:

  •  the corporate dinners. 
  • The fake friendships (Not all corporate friendships are fake, but most of them are temporary). 
  • Being in a strange city and it doesn't really matter. You are at an airport, a hotel and an office.
  • Needing to "judge" my life by my career.
I am very thankful for my career. Thankful I chose a path that allowed me flexibility. Freedom. And knowledge to know my life is not defined by "what I do".  

Oops, my life IS defined by "what I do" - only it doesn't involve the hours I spend earning a living......

P.S - The Career/Corporate woman doesn't know how to write









1 comment: