Thursday, December 10, 2015

Connecting

I'm a really good connector.

The type of person whom stays in touch - even just briefly.

Of course today, there are many tools at our disposal to connect one person to another. From social, to work, to the neighborhood. (FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn, NextDoor). I'm sure there are a million other places too.

Oh yeah, the coffee shop around the corner.

Someone I met, needs to be introduced to someone you know - you introduce them. The rest is up to them.

It's sorta like matchmaking - just not from the romantic side of things.

Today, I received an e-mail from a woman, connecting me to a man whom is looking for a job.

I met this woman at least 10 years ago at apres-ski in Vail. We connected on LinkedIn and have stayed in touch professionally off/on for the last 10 years.

She said she thought she would be out in March and wanted to know if I still skied.

I explained that my sons were in hockey, and that interfered with ski season. I didn't even go into the fact, that I spent my summers in Hawaii now. Something in the budget had to give.

She replies, "Hockey is a great sport." "I went to Miami of Ohio, in fact, I'm good friends with the President of the University. If either of your sons would be interested in playing hockey there, let me know. I'm happy to connect and do what I can to help."

There is a woman in the neighborhood whom also works at home. She's been coming over here to work - as to prevent us from both going stir crazy during the winter.

I received the above e-mail this afternoon. I looked up and said, "God Bless America" oh and Vail, too.

She says, "and the reason for this afternoon blessing?" I tell the story.

Nolan's #1 choice to go play hockey and go to college? Miami of Ohio.

She said, "that's not Vail"

"That's you. Being you. At your best"


1 comment: