Wednesday, December 2, 2015

One of us

Today, I stopped over at my friends house. My friend whom I personally give full credit to getting me involved in CCI

Brodie and Scooter were able to play. GM and I had a glass of wine. Her husband, came in. Left again to go for a run.

It was play date. A play date for everyone.

This weekend the boys are each going on different hockey game schedule to Salt Lake City. I also booked a ticked to go. (The boys are each riding on their respective team buses. Me? I'm flying)

My great incredible friends live there. These are the friends that you don't talk to for months. Or even years.

You just call and say, "Hey, I'm going to be in town."

Next thing you know, you have 10 people going to a hockey game. You have people saying "Where are you staying?" "There is always room for you.".

And then there is one. The one whom calls her brother-in-law crying. "She's trying to ruin our life." (I guess I'm trying to ruin their life because I want to see my friends?)

The one whom got rid of any extra bed in the house so no one can stay over.

The one whom told me: "I can't handle this right now (I guess that was anyone staying over)." THEN says, "I hope you find happiness in your life."

Huh? I give up. I tried.

Down to my core, I can't be rude. I can't call her on this again. (I seriously think there are many problems).

Her husband's mother and I were sitting up late one night last summer in California. We were talking about life and where we are now. Talking about her sons. Their wives. Her life. My life.

We got to the one wife. We are really not the type to gossip. It wasn't anything in particular. I just clearly remember her saying: "She's just not one us us."



GM asked me if I had met on of the other puppy raisers in particular. I replied that I had not. After telling me a little bit more of us, she says, "She's one of us." You would like her.






1 comment: