Friday, December 11, 2015

I took my sons to London

A year and a half ago, we went to London. The trip that started this blog.

We had a great time. The boys LOVED London. They "liked" Paris, but they LOVED London. From the fish & chips to the "city" to the people to being served a "pint" at the pub.

Since that point, my oldest son has called me "Mum".

Of course, their "Uncles" (Rich & Ed) are originally from England. They are Manchester fans.

When Rich & Ed moved to America - they "Americanized" immediately. Except for the accents (neither one of them still have one), you would have NEVER known they weren't American. Your classic, stereo-typical suburban boys.

You would think I took them to London for a year. (my sons).

They now use words (in addition to "Mum") like: "boot" and "flat" and "lift".  "trunk of the car", "apartment" and "elevator".

How long were we there?

Granted, I know and have friends from all over the world. These words are used interchangeably. I tried to explain to the boys, "We speak American".

How great it is, that they ignore me. How great it is they want to learn more about the world.


Boys,

I love the fact that you are all open to other cultures, lives, traditions.

HOWEVER, you were only in London for FOUR DAYS.

I don't care what you call things. I love the fact you want to assimilate into any culture. Just don't ever forget, you will always be an American. God Believing. Peace Loving. Gun Toting. American.

If you believe you have a different God than me, that's okay too. I just hope (and pray) your God and my God want the same things. Peace. Acceptance.

No matter where your journeys take you in life.

Know that you have roots.

Love always,

Mum

PS. Our favorite 'football' team is on at 16:00. Be sure and get your stuff from the boot. I'm selling the house and buying a flat. Come collect your stuff. Cheers Namaste. Or whatever that means to you

Connecting to the next stage of life. One day at a time. Or maybe one something at a time...






No comments:

Post a Comment