Thursday, December 24, 2015

Hold Outs

Being fairly self sufficient has it's advantages.

I'm single. I support myself. I travel. I can fix certain things. Think: replace a light switch in the house. Change the light bulbs. Own an electric screwdriver. Snow shovel. Lawn mower.

The list could go on and on.

If I want something, I save my money and I go buy it. I don't get money from anyone else. I'm not very materialistic, but I do like nice things.

There are two things though, I just won't do.

a) Change a flat tire on my bike (or car for that matter)

b) Buy myself a pair of diamond earrings.

Yes, I know. I should learn how to change a flat tire on my bike. I carry an extra one with me. I just can't bring myself to learn how to change it. Yes, I know, I could it.

BUT I DO EVERYTHING.

Can't there be something where I get to be the "Damsel in Distress"? Just one thing? Okay, make it two.

Because as much as I could just go buy a pair of diamond earrings. I'm not doing that either. Someone, one day, will give them to me.

I'm holding out.

1 comment:

  1. Love it....and you should hold out! Wouldn't it be wonderful to just feel rescued every once in a while? Funny thing is that when people know you can do everything....they let you. It is a blessing and a curse!

    ReplyDelete