Sunday, January 10, 2016

The Pilot came to town

Talk about Deja-Vu.

My 2015 ended almost exactly like 2014 ended.

In an erie kind of way.

I wrapped up 2014 with hecticness. Then a slow start to the year.

This year, a week later than last year, I get a text from 'my pilot friend'. It's a Sunday night. I'm out with girlfriends to watch the Broncos game. This year though we thought we'd try a different bar. We weren't at the Cricket.

The Cricket is a very special bar to me. It's a complete dive bar in the middle of one of the "Ritzie" part of town. It's authentic. (On a side note, I hate when people are not authentic. People whom tell you they are real. People whom tell you what is important in their lives, then act completely different.) I've discovered in life, most people are not authentic. They do what society and/or other people tell them how to behave.

But the authentic people I've met? They are and always will be the best. The funny thing is, I've met a good group of people in my life at the Cricket.

Sorry for the side tangent.

I pulled up in front of the Cricket. Thinking we should really go there. Long story short, the pilot whom I met last year the Cricket, texted me saying he was at the Cricket. I told him we were a few blocks away.

He's in town until the end of January this time.

I had friends in town for 10 days - last year, we went to those friends house for 10 days. We are having the same break, just different.

My clothes don't fit.

It's cold.

I'm dreaming of a beach far away.

Before it can be your favorite place, it was a place you had never been before.

Big goals this year.

Big dreams.

Rio here we come.......


No comments:

Post a Comment