Monday, February 22, 2016

Sounds like you

Working from home has it's set of advantageous.

For years, I couldn't have imagined working at home. Now, I can't imagine working in an office. Well, at times I have gone into offices, but I'm too far gone now.

Perceptions of us work at home people:


  • We do our laundry during "work hours"
  • We don't really work
  • We wear workout clothes all the time
  • It's loud and there are tons of distractions

Some of the above are true.

When I first started working at home, I would always work in my office - with the door shut. The boys were younger and knew when they could/couldn't come into the office. My workday ended when the boys got home from school.

As I have "transmorphed" into my full fledged work at home person?

All of the "rules" I used to have and abide by - they are gone.

I still get all my work done, but I workout in the middle of the day. I've been known to get all the ingredients ready for dinner in the middle of the afternoon. Or throw some laundry in the wash. Or take a nap. Or work at the dining room table - or a friends dining room table in Hawaii - or on and on and on......

I was in the middle of Texas this whole last week waiting for a new baby to arrive. I've been working here. Only there is the dryer buzzing. The doorbell ringing. The dog barking and the baby crying. At any given moment.

I joke, I was on the road to freedom. Now I have a 1 year old and a puppy. That doesn't sound like me.......

I'll be back to that other life again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment