Wednesday, February 3, 2016

They Should Have Sent Me Two

Our puppy is growing by leaps and bounds.

He is a bit over 5 months old. Getting bigger every day. He knows all his "commands" that he is supposed to know for all puppies up to 6 months old.

Of course, like any "child" there are things he doesn't like.

He doesn't like to have his nails trimmed. (He's going to have to go get a mani/pedi soon - we are going to leave this to the professionals. After all, I do, why shouldn't he?) Really, I think we are the ones with the problem. We are so scared of cutting them to short (down to the "quick"). I did cut one too short once. He didn't like it, but it wasn't too bad. It just bled.......

He is a barker. He barks when he has to go out. He barks when he wants attention. If you tell him, "Quiet" when he barks. He barks back. He thinks it is a game. He will "speak" on command. He just won't "be Quiet" on command. We are working on that.

Yesterday we had a snow day. A foot of snow. He LOVES the snow. I like to think he thinks it's the water. He romps and jumps. Runs laps. He even throws his own toy for himself to fetch.

He just would not tire. He kept wanting to play.

There are several days when he is stuck with me. Just being boring. Not going on outings. Not leaving the house.

These are the days he hates the most. It took me a long time to get use to days of not leaving the house. Even though I work at home, I make sure I get out everyday. A walk. The club to workout. The 7-11. SOMEPLACE other than my house.

Even yesterday, on our snow day, I had to go for a walk. I get it, I get a little  LOT stir crazy.

As he was barking at me to play with him. My first thought, "They Should Have Sent Me Two".

If I had two of them, they could play together. THEY wouldn't drive me as nuts. HE wouldn't want all my attention all the time.

My children are only 17 months apart. My sister has twins. Children & puppies should come as a pair. They can entertain themselves!

When I told a friend of mine this statement, she said, "Did you want another so you keep one?"

"No, oh no, my dear." It was all about trying to make my life "easier".

She smiled at me and said, "You better be careful for what you wish."

Then the moment passed....





1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing most days you are happy with one...
    Children and puppies, both wonderful and BOTH lots of work!
    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete