Wednesday, May 28, 2014

It's the summers

I haven't "really" skied in four years.

I've skied a couple of times.  But, literally, for some reason I knew the summer we went to Kona, we were done skiing.

It's funny I own a whole bunch of e-mail addresses  "shouldbe"  as in "shouldbeskiing"  "shouldbeshopping" "shouldberunning".

I remember coming back from Kona the first summer feeling like a fake.  I would send an e-mail, with my skiing address.  Only, all I could think was that I:  "shouldbeinKona"

I left my skis a few years ago at the ski resort.  I was done with them.  I knew it.  It's okay.  Things come and go.

My entire 30's were spent in Vail.  I skied every other weekend - and some in between.

Then life happens.  It's not like I can go ski for two hours - or I can, but it will take me an hour there and back.  I LIKE to ski.  I like to ski in Vail.

In fact, when I go the the vail.com website, it still brings tears to my eyes.  It's beautiful.  An incredible place on earth.

But there is a phrase we know about the mountains, "It's the winter that brings you here, but it's the summers that keep you here."

I think I've had my seasons mixed up.


No comments:

Post a Comment