Monday, May 19, 2014

When you have a cold

I don't normally get sick.  I'm not sure why.  I don't have the best eating habits.  Or cleaning habits for that matter.

What really is the big determining factor is that I don't work in an office or at a school.  My germ factor would be the gym.  Gym's are really disgusting if you think about it.  Hot sweaty people.  Inside.  Touching their sweat on machines and towels and yoga mats.  Then touching other things.

Yes, my club has "disinfecting wipes" to wipe the mats and machines down.  They provide you with towels, but still it's warm and sweaty there.

For an entire week, I kept sneezing.  Of course, this was after a Mother's Day 5k in the sleet.  Wouldn't have anything to do with that.  I kept blaming my allergies.

I even read a really cool remedy for allergies.  Go buy honey from a local honey producer and have a teaspoon a day.  The pollen from the honey will get rid of your allergies!  Wow!  I like that idea.  We have honey.  I'll try that.

Only on day two, it felt like there was something sitting on my head.  I had to give in.  It was not allergies.  It was a cold.  A run out of tissues, red nose, miserable cold.  Only, not deadly enough that you just want to sleep - just annoying enough to make you not want to do anything.

So, while laying on the couch all weekend, this is what I learned:


  • If you take too much medicine, it does not get rid of the cold faster, it just makes you throw up.
  • Taking too much medicine also makes you a bit paranoid that your life is going to fall apart.
  • Sleeping all day does not help you sleep all night.  Even when you don't feel well.
  • Falling asleep during a movie doesn't only happen at night.
  • There is NOTHING on TV - EVER.
  • All the movies on the Hallmark channel are really bad.  I mean really.
  • The Hallmark movies are also all set in Colorado.
  • Making your cold even worse, as you are on the couch watching it be beautiful outside and on the TV.
  • There is a reason I don't watch TV.  
But I also remembered, 5 years ago I was on my couch watching a bad movie called "Flirting with 40" and I somehow ended up living that movie.  

Hmmm, wonder what Hallmark movie is now headed my way.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you get feeling better very soon...
    you have a movie to live!

    ReplyDelete