Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Stop the Bashing

We need to stop.

I realize I'm a female, I hear the female perspective on things.  But also, I'm a mom of boys. I hear things from their side too.

What we need to stop?  Is the hating on the opposite sex.

As women, we like to perfect.  (Of course, that is a stereotype).  I could be wrong.  In fact, I've been wrong lots in my life.  But I'm not wrong now.

Stop it.

Stop with the "men don't do this".  "Men should really do this".  "I need this, I want this and my husband/boyfriend/father-of-my-children should have done something else more than they were doing"/

Just STOP.  ALL of it.

Yes, I know.  If it always worked my way, I would be much happier too.  BUT, WHY oh WHY is my way better than his????

I get it.  I'm a girl.  My way is better.

But you know what????? I have two sons.  I would hate the fact that someone thought my son didn't live up to their expectations?  Actually, no, that's not true.  I would probably be disappointed about her expectations and she was crazy thinking my son didn't meet them.

SOOO, let's stop.  Here and now.

Let's have a "peace agreement"  - if you are going to say something negative about a man......I want to hear one about a women.

What?

You mean us women aren't perfect????

I know just as many women whom have been rotten to men as men whom have been rotten to women.  Only, we excuse the women.  We think (or maybe it's just me), they might be right.

I'm not saying put a guy on a pedatsel, but the real problem is that we have no roles.  We have no "identity".  I'm supposed to do this, you do this.  Instead, it's more of "let's all do this together."

What about this:


  • Every time you hear someone "not compliment" the opposite sex, you defend it.  I'm not saying you have to start promoting equal rights.  Just think, "this is my son"  or "my daughter" for that moment.
  • When your daughter or a friends mom says "Boys are just way".  Reply with "girls are just complainers".
  • When you take a picture of you and your kid, and you wonder why a mom doesn't with her kids - that she just might be secure enough in herself to know having children isn't just about her.
  • Remember, you don't have to bring someone else down, just to make you better.
I can't really get out what I'm trying to say, but remember, when you "tell someone" that person is not as "good as they should be", it's someone's kids.  It might be yours.

It might be mine.

If you need to bring someone down, to make yourself feel better - come talk to me.  Otherwise, take you insecurities out on someone else's child.  And it best be the person whom is staring you in the mirror.  Because,  this bashing isn't me.

I hope you find peace in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment