Thursday, October 23, 2014

News

Turn your TV off.

All of you.

Turn the internet news off too.

Unless you are willing to make a change and DO SOMETHING that will make a difference. Quit whining.

My oldest "son" in Hawaii and I were talking about ISIS today. He also sent a text about the Governor of Colorado.

The response to him, from me: "What are YOU doing about it but complaining?"

Then he calls, he tells me I'm a very bad person (well, this is not true, as we had several conversations about now and what is going on in the world.)

Truth be told: I couldn't tell you what was going on in the world.

Is it important to know what is going on?

ABSOLUTELY.

Are you going to do anything about the fact it isn't the way YOU believe?

THEN, (I'm sorry) - Be quiet - it's just whining.

No one has EVER changed their mind in a moment approached by controversy.

Most people might actually listen to others. When you tell people though, you have to change your mind? That doesn't work. We all know that.

I hear the mayor in Houston, TX is trying to combine the separation of the church and state. I don't agree with that.

However, other than just ignoring it - I can have a conversation with friends. I can tell people I don't agree.

What I can't do: Tell someone else my way of thinking is the right way. Their way is not.

What I can do:

Stop reading the newspaper

Don't read the headlines on the internet

Volunteer

Worry less

Breathe more

Make a difference.

Or keep whining.

It's not news, it's just chatter.....

No comments:

Post a Comment