Thursday, April 10, 2014

The days are long

I'm SOOOO behind.  As you probably know.

What a week.  There hasn't even been time to write it down.  You just go and do and go and see and just be.

Wonderful stories to tell and share.  Even a scary story - that turned out well.

We've gone out for dinner at 11:00pm.  The only day dinner was eaten before 8:30 was the night before the marathon.  (By the way, at mile 23 I did say "I'm never doing this again" - but that moment has already passed).

There were several days when it was noon before we left the apartment.  There were bike rides.  A trip to the top of the Eiffel tower.  Crepes.

Raining cool weather.  Beautiful sunny days.  And the perfect cloud cover on marathon day (after the first 8 miles)  (more to come on the marathon)

One of the phrases that people tell you about your children is:  "You are going to miss this."  Mostly, I don't really agree with this statement.  I enjoy the moments I'm in.

Then someone told me a better phrase - "The days are long, but the years are short."  I like that much better.  The days on this trip have been long and filled with many many activities.  But, it's almost over, in the blink of an eye - and I'm soooo behind.....


No comments:

Post a Comment