Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Me

Dear CW/HM,

Mahalo for today!

It was awesome.

Whom ever introduced you to canoe club, well, Mahalo.

The joy of my morning.

Someone had apple bananas there for us from their tree. We paddled out further than any other group. The couple I met at the bar the other night, they showed up to paddle with the other group. They are about your age.

You could see the look in their eyes at the end of paddle. They wanted to do it again.

Thanks for working all afternoon. Thanks for the massage later.

I came to the hale from paddling ready to tell you, I was never going back. We could pretend to talk about this at the end of summer, but I'm staying.

When I was walking back to the condo this morning, one of your old friends wanted to know if we wanted to paddle out one night this weekend and swim with the Manta Ray's. Still unsure of what night, still trying to get it together.

Of course, I said "Absolutely".

Then I remembered you had packed glow necklaces and glow in the dark bracelets in case an opportunity like this presented itself.

Then I knew, you were going on this night paddle/swim too. We were going together.

After the massage, we were walking to town. We ran into friends from canoe club. The local came to meet us too.

Then the best thing ever happened.

We had someone drive us by our old house.

The one we swapped.

The one with the breeze a bit cooler then here in town.

(I know, I know - I wanted to live in town this summer. And it's been great)

There was something magical about being a bit "away" from it all.

A hale and an escape from the real world.

A bit of both worlds.

Not that I would ever tell you this in the real world, but maybe one day, I'll tell you, I loved those summers.

Mahalo for bringing   getting us here.

But, please, let me take it from here.

Love you always,

WWC

PS.  Even if you don't let me take it from here - afterall, I do have a certain life style. We are going to figure this out.

And I'll always remember what you told me



The only regrets in life are the ones you didn't do.




I promise.

I got this.......








No comments:

Post a Comment