Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Planning

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail!” - Benjamin Franklin

For the majority of my adult life, I would have agreed with the above statement. I would still agree some things need to be planned to a certain degree.


  • Planning so some money is in savings for an emergency
  • Planning so some money is set aside for something you don't need - just something you want
  • A plan to finish college
  • Wait, make that a plan to start college.......

Back to the basics - plan the big things, forget about the details.

I only had some basics planned for this trip to the islands. I had a ticket out here. I had a place to stay. 

I found a lady on Craigslist whom would sell me her bike.

I planned on renting a car once Nolan got here.

I knew I wanted to paddle - and planned on doing that three days a week.

The bike I bought - doesn't have a front brake. (didn't plan on that)

I'm paddling 5 days this week, as there is a group also on Monday, Wednesday, Friday at the same time - only no break with this group.

The property manager has a van she is going to "rent me" for $75 when Nolan is here. There is no air-conditioning.

The Denver girl, whom lives very proper a "normal life" is not sure of these different ideas. Unsure of the change and unsure of what life is like not planned.

"It will all work out" - said the Wild Child proudly. "You will be fine." (Besides, look at your thighs - you've been working out).

"Leave the planning to me"





No comments:

Post a Comment