Sunday, July 5, 2015

Sore

No car? 

Really, can I do this?

So, I didn't end up meeting the bike lady until this morning. Meaning, I've been on the island for over 36 hours without a car. Granted, I took a shuttle from the airport, then a taxi back out of town Friday night. 

A shuttle to the parade and fireworks yesterday, a taxi home. 

This of course, was after I got to paddle yesterday morning.  (Yes, probably still my favorite activity ever with people whom wanted to welcome me back. Whom wondered where were the teenagers).

So, yesterday I paddled. Then I walked to the store and back to the condo. Then over to the trolley stop.

Today, I walked/ran to try and meet the bike lady again. I finally did meet her. I think I had walked/run about 6 miles. Then I rode my bike back to the condo. Walked to lunch to meet friends. Rode in the car to/back Costco.

Rode my bike - that doesn't have good brakes to the beach. Just for a couple hours - then back to the hale (home) again.

My legs are chaffed. I have a bit of color on my skin (or a few more wrinkles. Or both). My arms are sore.

Ah, the feeling I've been waiting for.


No comments:

Post a Comment