Wednesday, July 2, 2014

BINGO

Today, my youngest son received his learners permit.

He's 15.  Today.

We were at the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicle) by 9:15am.  On his 15th birthday.  He now has his permit.

We had to wait about an hour.

Two weeks ago, I was with his brother the day AFTER he turned 16 and a half (the brother that is) to get his drivers license.  (In Colorado, you must hold your permit for a year, before you can get your drivers licence).

Not comparing here. Comparing things is stupid.  And, I don't think I've ever said anything is stupid.  But comparing, well that's stupid. We are all different.  But, can we tell the different personality types of these two boys?

Meanwhile, at the DMV - they call people based upon the service they need.  P719 was our number today.  I'm guessing the P has something to do with the permit.  Two weeks ago our number was B222.  Then there is T217 or X314 or B141.

I couldn't help it.  I quietly just said "BINGO".  My oldest son glared at me like it was the worst possible thing I could have said out loud.

Today, before we left for the DMV, I told my youngest son, "We get to go play BINGO at the DMV".  "What, really?"  He actually sounded excited! He had never been to the DMV, he had no idea.

We are sitting there.  They call "P719".  He looks at me and says "BINGO"

I guess he won.  I think he gets it.



.

1 comment:

  1. This is how our text messages went... ME: Happy Birthday. NOLAN: Thank you.
    ME: Have you played Bingo with your mom at the DMV yet? NOLAN: Haha ya I won actually but I'm still waiting to get my picture taken.

    I agree, Nolan get's it!

    ReplyDelete