Thursday, July 17, 2014

Restrictions

It's funny, when you can't have something - you want it more.  Is that just human nature?

There are several historical references on this  - from the Greeks - it's Pandora.  (And Pandora didn't actually open a box, but a jar).  From Biblical times, it's Adam and Eve.

Part of my giving up my morning addiction habit, I'm giving up more than the caffeine.  I'm also addicted to the habit.  Also addicted to all that other crap in the energy drink.

SO.........

This week, I've been following the formula of:


  • No sugar substitutes
  • No gluten
  • No dairy
  • No soy
  • No corn
I forget the others, I figure, if I don't all I will be eating is spinach or some type of lettuce, but I can't eliminate everything in my life.

It's funny, the only thing I've really missed is my morning soda - so, I did have a club soda.  There is also a drink out there called Hi Ball (hiballer.com)  which is basically club soda with caffeine - which I've been waiting for FOR years.

I'm not substituting, I'm also not restricting myself.  I'm just not participating in a couple of things right now.

Oh, yeah - I'm sure alcohol is on the list of restrictions, (there are seven total) and that's been eliminated too.

I have been sleeping better.

Now I just dream of cheese. Or some other thing we aren't supposed to want.  The truth is my fridge is stocked with all of the things above. I can have anything I want, anytime I want.  I'm just going to wait for it. Or eliminate it from my wants.  But, my restricting it, I would want it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment