Friday, July 25, 2014

Oh, Denver

I tried.

Really, I did. Denver, you are a beautiful city. A magnificent place on this Earth with incredible scenery, perfect weather and wonderful people.

Denver, Colorado is one of the most incredible cities to visit. To live in. To grow up in. We have four seasons.  We have a "city". We have any outdoor activity you could possibly want - year around.  Pick one.  (And by pick one, I mean a sport or a season). You can ski and golf on the same day.  (snow or water) What is your poison?

There are no bugs. There is no humidity. And holy hillbilly, pot is even legal. (Although truly, this makes me sad - as Colorado is now known across the WORLD for this - doesn't matter that we have everything else).

I HAVE so TRIED this summer.
  • Bike rides
  • Red Rock Concerts
  • Hikes - look at this backdrop?  It's beautiful.
  • Camping

Okay, well maybe, I haven't tried that hard.  But I pretended really hard that I tried really hard.
Just shows you, pretending will never get you there.

I will always love you, but you see, a few years ago, I cheated on you. Not only did I cheat - When I cheated, I fell in love.  That's the problem with having an affair - you can't always go back.

I'm sorry.  It sounds trite. It might sound pitiful, but I will always love you.

My love for something else does not diminish what we shared. I will treasure our love always.  I'm grateful for the love.

Because, I do truly LOVE you. I'm just not sure how much I like you.

If it's okay, I'd like to be friends. Friends whom understand we can have each other, yet, love other places too.

For now, as we transition into this next stage of our life, I would like to see you more than anyone else, but I think we both know it's time our relationship changes. Please understand. We've been faking it for a while.

Oh, Denver, as much I love you,

I love another place more.  

As much as I would like to apologize for my actions, I can't.  You will always have my heart, but another place came along and stole my soul.

And it's time I pay my soul a visit......

No comments:

Post a Comment