Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Like you, only younger

I've written about this of friend of mine before.  

He is a dear friend.  A friend I've know for over twenty five years now.  In fact, next summer, my youngest son will be the same age (down to the week) he was when we met.  All those years ago.

His first wife was murdered.  Almost eight years ago.

It took a long time - he's re-married now.  He has a son.  He has a crazy wife.

I've tried.  Truly, I have tried.

I don't ever try to get someone to like me.  I don't "try" and be nice.  I just am, well, who I am.  Warts and all.  

I've played nice this time around.  I realize I'm very protective of my friend.  He's been through a lot.  We all think we have been though stuff - then well, when you say, "My friends wife was murdered", well, everyone agrees he wins the prize.

My teenagers think she is crazy too.  We all do.  We have all tried.  The entire group of us.  We are a welcoming bunch.  Just ask the boys, they think this group let us in - truth is, you don't have to welcome people in.  When people show up, you let them stay.  

Unless they try to change you.  

I could go on and on.  I could rant for days.  

Only, today, I will pray she finds peace in her life.  I really hope she can find it.  We are a really loving group.  Our group is patient.

Of course though, I have teenage sons involved in this relationship.  They get she is crazy.  It's actually funny to hear their version of the story.  

Today is my friends birthday.  I send him a text.  I sent him a message on Facebook - then I went to write something on her Facebook page.  Only I couldn't find it.  

Hmmmm..... That's odd.  Only, I was too busy to really think about it again.  Then I thought, "Hmm, maybe she got off Facebook"  (I do get the fact that it can be a bit much), only I sent a text to a friend of ours.  "Has she gotten off Facebook" - the reply "No, I can still find her".  

Then I have my oldest son look.  He finds her immediately.  Hmmm..... I've been blocked.  Seriously?

Are you really that insecure to block me from your friends list on Facebook of all places???? Was all I could really think.

The worst thing is that she will find out I figured this out.  (Although, sadly, I'm not sure how long it has been since she blocked me) Then she will apologize profusely.  And THEN, I will be so disgusted by the fact that begging just makes me sad,  and really all I wanted was for my friend to be happy.

As my oldest son and I are talking about all this, he says, "You know, what he needs to do is to break up with her (I had to remind him they were married and you don't just 'break up') and find someone whom is athletic, likes to do fun things and is adventurous".

"Someone like you mom." "Only younger"

I think that was a compliment.........And, I think at least, well, my son doesn't think I'm the craziest one around......


No comments:

Post a Comment