Friday, July 18, 2014

Windshields

"Some days, you are the windshield.  Some days, you are the bug"

Do you ever drive down back roads and find all you really see is bugs flying in your face? Wait, this actually happens on main roads too.

The windshield gets dirty.

When I was a kid, my dad always said when a bug hit the windshield "You know what was the last thing that went through that's bugs mind?"  "His, ass"

Geeve Um! ;-)

Then I remember learning the quote, "Some days you are the windshield, some days you are the bug".

I always thought it was better to be the windshield.  You are the protector.  You are are one whom keeps other things out.  I thought it would be bad to be the bug.

Then, yesterday, I was the windshield.

There was more shit thrown at me from people whom had no one else to blame other than me for their problems.

I'm a happy person.  And really, whom blames other people for their own unhappiness?  First, you should look in the mirror.

So, I was the windshield.

All I can tell you, is that all these years I thought the windshield was better than being the bug. I was wrong.




No comments:

Post a Comment