Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Cold Turkey

I don't drink coffee.

I love the smell of coffee.  But, for me, it's hot.  And unless, I'm freezing - I don't want anything hot to drink.  And by freezing, meaning I've been out in the cold and am about to have frost bite.  Even then, I don't want coffee - I want to go to the steam room at my club and stand there until I'm warm.

Coffee is served a million different ways.  To me though, unless you drink it black - that's not drinking coffee. That is some coffee drink.  You know the one where you add milk and flavor and a million other things. That is NOT coffee.

No, I grew up drinking sodas in the morning.  In fact, up until about 5 or 6 years ago, I don't ever remember not having a soda in the morning.

What is even worse, I would like it from the fountain.  Meaning a stop at a convenience store on the way to work every day.

I was fine with it, but realized too, that's a pain.

One year for Lent, I gave up my soda's.  I did fine.  In fact, I never went back.

Only I replaced it at the end of Lent with one of those Diet Energy Drinks.  Now that I think about it - it was probably longer ago than that, maybe 8 years ago.

I would periodically stop drinking those too - only to try and drink ice tea or a soda or diet soda here and there.

The truth is, I never really broke the habit.

I only have one a day.  First thing in the morning.  Sometimes, I would have two (not very often) - or a soda now and then.

Truth is, I don't like sodas anymore.  And really, I call my diet energy drink "My cancer in a can".  There is not one thing in that can of nutritional value or that isn't synthetic....

So, I stopped.  Well, the last one I had was on Saturday.  It's now Tuesday.

Yes, I've had a few headaches and keep wanting to take naps, but I think I may be through the hump.

This time, I didn't try to substitute it for anything else.  It's all or nothing.  Let's see how long this can last....

No comments:

Post a Comment